Meet Dr. Simper
Dr. Sean Simper
Your leading family dentist & cosmetic dentist serving the Tri-Cities.
When I set out to build my dental practice, I decided I wanted to create the type of practice where I, as a dentist, would want to go. As you can imagine, I would hold this dentist to some pretty high standards.
- I would want my dentist to know me personally and not just as another patient. I would really want the feeling that I was visiting a friend. I would also expect this person to be gentle and caring.
- I would expect my dentist to have genuine concern for my comfort during my entire visit.
- Next, I would want someone who respected my time and kept on schedule. I know things can happen, but I would expect to be seated as close to my scheduled time as possible.
- I think it would also be nice if, in case of emergency, I could get in the the same day.
- And finally, I would expect the best treatment possible. I would seek out the most highly trained and up to date person I could find to deliver the best dentistry possible.
With all of this in mind, this is what I have set out to create. I want to create a dental practice where I would want to be a patient!
And now for the boring stuff...
A Little About Me
I was born and raised in Calgary, Alberta Canada. I graduated from the University of Calgary with a Degree in Biology and Psychology.
Upon completion of my degrees, I moved to Australia and attended the University of Sydney faculty of Dentistry. I worked in Australia for a year and knew I wanted to learn more.
I was accepted to the University of Texas for a one year advanced education in general dentistry. Feeling there was still more to learn, I accepted a second residency through the University of Washington.
Being dedicated to continuing education, I have obtained the prestigious award of fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry, a status held by less then 5% of dentists nationwide. With my dedication to continuing education, I plan on obtaining Mastership, which less then 1% of dentists hold.
I am married to my beautiful wife Jennifer and we have 3 boys together, our oldest Ozzy and our twins Xavier and Sebastien. When not busy with work or family, you can usually find me on the golf course.
If this sounds like the dental practice where you would love being a patient, then please review our New Patient Special, and let us welcome you to the Southridge Dental Family.
We look forward to being your new dental home!
Dr. Simper Continually Striving For Perfection
Dental Accreditations, Special Qualifications & Achievements.
If there is one thing Dr. Simper prides himself on, it is his rigid pursuit of additional knowledge in order to give his patients the very best and latest in dental treatment.
Dr. Simper is a long standing member of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD). Operating for over 65 years, the AGD has 40,000 dedicated members, out of 200,000 dentists nationwide. These member dentists are the leaders in the dental industry, for the AGD also provides a rigid continuing educational program for both a “Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry and a “Master of the Academy of the Academy of General Dentistry”.
Only 6% of dentists hold the “Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry” designation, and Dr. Simper is one of those. This places Dr. Simper in the top 6% of dentists nationwide and explains why patients love him, his services and his dental clinic. He is committed to being the best he can be.
To achieve this designation, Dr. Simper met the requirements of 500 hours of approved continuing education courses and had to pass a final examination to gain the award. What dedication!
Dr. Simper continues to work on his “Master of the Academy of General Dentistry”, which requires an additional 500 hours of ongoing continuing education. When he completes the program he will then be in the top 2% of dentists in the United States.
You are definitely in good hands with Dr. Sean Simper. The success he has achieved at his clinic in the relatively short time it has been open is testimony to his skills and his patients singing his praises.
- Oral Conscious Sedation
- Nitrous Oxide and Inhalation Conscious Sedation
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Imtec Dental Mini Implants
- Zimmer Implant Institute Levels 1&2 Certification
- Australian Dental Association
- New South Wales Dental Association
- Australian Society of Endodontics
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentists (fellowship completed)
- Seattle Study Club
- Washington State Dental Association