At Southridge Dental, we’re here to help you with dental emergencies big and small. Our goal is to get you feeling better as soon as possible, and to help with that, we have some quick tips to limit the pain in your mouth and in your wallet!
What Is A Dental Emergency?
Did you crack your tooth on that popcorn kernel? Did your child knock out a tooth while playing outside? Does intense jaw pain affect your daily life?
Yes, yes, or yes? All of these examples can constitute a dental emergency!
The most common types of dental emergencies are chipped, cracked, or knocked-out teeth. (We also see gum injuries from people using sharp items to free irritants from between their teeth. Using floss instead allows you to avoid any injuries!)
Try to find the right Dentist before you need them
If you’ve never chipped a tooth or had a toothache that just won’t quit, you might not have considered how your dentist handles emergency care. Southridge Dental takes pride in offering a variety of services such as cosmetic dentistry, family dentistry, and emergency care – often with same-day openings!
Questions to ask when selecting a dentist:
- Does your dentist handle after-hours emergencies? What types of emergencies can they take care of? You don’t want to waste time visiting a dentist that can’t treat you. (Bonus tip: Southridge Dental offers emergency care!)
- Do they accept your insurance? If you’re seeing someone other than your usual provider this could result in a hefty bill. Check to see if you’re covered by calling Southridge Dental at (509) 581-0081.
- Does your dentist treat both children and adults? Finding different emergency providers for you and your child may be necessary in some cases. At Southridge Dental, we can treat your entire family!
- Are they located nearby? No one wants to drive an hour when every minute is excruciating. A dentist that is centrally located from home, work, and school is always a good choice. Southridge Dental is located off of Highway 395 in Kennewick, across the street from Home Depot, Starbucks, and near Walmart.
- Do they offer same-day or next-day appointments? Not every dentist leaves availability in their schedule for emergency patients…but Southridge Dental does! Most often we will be able to see you the same day or sometimes the next day to make sure our patients don’t have to continue suffering while they wait for care.
These are all important considerations. Knowing who you can count on to find relief can offer peace of mind and faster treatment options when an emergency arises. Southridge Dental is here for you through every step of your dental emergency!
A Dental Emergency Occurred. What now?
There’s no need to panic, you’ve got this! If you’ve done your homework, you already know your dentist can handle your emergency (especially if you’ve chosen Southridge Dental — you know you’re completely covered!), so just reach out and schedule an appointment. Once you’ve contacted them for an appointment, some dentists will have immediate openings, but for others you might have to wait.
If your dentist has a long wait before they can see you, call Southridge Dental at (509) 581-0081 to get in sooner.
In the meantime, a cold compress can be applied to help relieve pain and swelling in the short-term for most dental emergencies as you wait to see one of our experts!
The Tri-Cities’ Best Dental Office is here to help if you’ve got questions or concerns (before, during, or after an emergency). If something in your mouth is causing you pain or discomfort, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (509) 581-0081.
If your tooth is aching (yes, you know who you are!), sitting there suffering and not taking action won’t help! Don’t wait until 4 PM on a Friday, or head to the ER this weekend (who will just tell you to call us Monday anyways)….please don’t suffer! We know how bad the pain can be, and we are here for you. You’ll be in good hands, because the Southridge Dental Team is like no other! We have a 4.9 star rating on Google and 5 star on Facebook AND Yelp!)
Call 509-581-0081 and schedule now! Or better yet, if you don’t want to call, you can always schedule an appointment online!