How to find the best local dentist in your area
Finding a local dentist can be a challenge. Most areas offer plenty of options for local dental offices. When you sit down to search for a “dentist near me,” you’re likely to see more than a handful of options. It can be overwhelming to weigh the pros and cons of each office. At the end of the day, there’s a few important factors that should weigh into your final decision.
The American Dental Association (ADA) offers these suggestions:
- Ask your family doctor or local pharmacist.
- Ask family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers for their recommendations.
- If you’re moving, ask your current dentist to make a recommendation.
- Contact your local or state dental society. The ADA provides a list of local and state dental societies on its consumer website, www.mouthhealthy.org. Your local and state dental societies also may be listed in the telephone directory under “dentists” or “associations.”
- The ADA suggests calling or visiting more than one dentist before selecting one.
To help you with this decision, we’ve put together what we consider the most important factors to consider.
- Family First
If you have a family, or need to make the decision for a group of people, you’re going to have to make sure this office can accommodate all of your individual needs. If you have kids, make sure your dentist has pediatric services and will treat your kids like their own. A good dentist is likely to be treating your kids through their childhood and into adulthood. Make sure they’re in good hands!
- Insurance Coverage
A dental office has to apply to be in-market for each insurance provider. They may or may not offer in-market coverage for your plan. It’s important to check with the dental office as well as your insurance provider to check your coverage before deciding.
If the dentist is located near you, or has hours that work for your schedule, this might make it easier for you and your family to maintain consistent dental health. It’s important that you don’t have to travel too far for a basic check-up, but also important to make sure you have good care. Another consideration is their hours: many offices will offer some wiggle room outside of traditional work hours to make sure there are options for you without having to leave work. You can always weigh the convenience of any office with consideration of their expertise and specializations.
If you’re looking for the best local dentist, Southridge Dental has been voted the Tri-Cities Best Dental Office and Best Dentist by locals themselves. We’re also proud of our average 4.9/5 star Google review from over 430 happy clients. Schedule your first appointment here!